Installing Geometry Gym plug-ins and tools
The steps below outline how to install the geometry gym plug-ins for Rhino and Revit. Watch the video or follow the instructions below.
Host applications (such as Rhino, Revit or Navisworks) need to be installed prior to our plugin. Most installers will support several of the latest versions of the application.
Rhino6 and newer uses package manager to download and install directly within the application. Other developments for Revit, Navisworks etc are provided as .msi installer files available from the downloads page:
- 1.Find the installers from the folder that you selected at download or simple use the run command from your internet browser.
- 2.Run each of the installers by double clicking (windows security might take a few seconds prior to permitting installation).
The installer will attempt to create registry keys (windows) or save manifests to instruct application to load plugins when starting.
When you restart Revit, Navisworks etc, there should be a Geometry Gym panel visible on the panel.
After nominating plug-in installation from Package Manager command (TestPackageManager in Rhino6), you will typically be prompted to restart Rhino after installation.
The plug-in(s) should now be installed and ready to use. New rhino commands starting with '
gg' should now be available in the command line along with a number of specific rhino toolbars:
Geometry Gym Tabs and Commands
If you cannot view the 'gg' commands from the command line you may need to manually install the rhino plug-ins. Please follow the link below for some common issues that can occur during installation.
If you are still experiencing issues after these steps please contact us.
After installing, plug-in tab(s) in Grasshopper should appear:
Geometry Gym Grasshopper Tabs
Only tabs which include the plug-in you have installed will be provided.
Geometry Gym relies on revenues for commercial use of the software developments to sustain full time development of the plug-ins and tools. However, we do provide a 30 day trial to the tools.
To Request a trial license:
- 1.If you are in Revit or an application other than Revit, try running a Geometry Gym command and the license request dialog should show. If in Rhino, run the command
ggZZLicenseRequestcommand within Rhino and a dialog will present as shown below:
If you have a variant of Outlook/Windows Live installed, you can accept the option for an email to be prepared prior to send. If not, the xml text data needed will have already been placed in Windows Clipboard.
Once you have received an .xml license file via email. Follow the steps below to apply the license:
- 1.Save the file in a logical place on your hard drive. This can be save anywhere.
- 2.Use the update button on the license dialog, or run the
ggZZLicenseUpdatecommand similar to step 3 above in the rhino window.
- 3.A browser window will appear which will allow you to select the saved license file location.
- 4.Click okay, and you should retrieve a message stating "Successful License Installation".