Revit to Structural Analysis
Options for Importing and Exporting from Revit to Structural Analysis Applications
Geometry Gym provides a number of Plug-ins for Revit which enable direct transfer from Structural Analysis applications to and from Revit models.
The mechanism for these transfers
To export a structural analysis model from Revit complete the following steps:
- 1.Go to a 3D view containing all the elements that you would like to consider in the export.
- 2.Remove the 'Include analytical' parameter in Revit for any small framing elements you also do not want to include in the export.
- 3.Define Member usages as required to enable appropriate member aggregation be performed in the Structural Detection and Snapping process.
- 4.Click Export Revit within the plug-in tab.
- 5.Assign desired export options and then export.
The process for exporting to Structural Analysis from Revit is as follows:
- 1.Convert Revit Analytical model to an IFC Analytical Model