Comment on page
Introduction to Revit plug-in for Grasshopper
The Geometry Gym Revit plug-in for grasshopper allows for the parametric generation of native REVIT files and family's within the grasshopper environment. The REVIT plug-in comes packaged with the IFC plug-in and shares a lot of the same functionality.
The REVIT plug-in has been developed to provide a simplified model creation tool specifically for REVIT, utilising typical REVIT type names and functions without the need to set-up sometimes complicated relationships and project definitions required within the IFC plug-in.
The image below highlights the REVIT plug-in interface within the grasshopper environment.
Revit Toolbar in Grasshopper
The typical tabs and the components within those are explained below.
- Bake Component (Export options)
- Model Definition Attributes (Grids and Levels)
- REVIT Materials and Material Layers
- Set hosts
- REVIT Structural Profiles and Tapering Sections
- REVIT Geometry Modelling Tools
- Adaptive Component Type
- Mass and Generic Model Types
- Standard REVIT Element types
- Type Attributes
- Adaptive Component Instance
- Direct Shape Instance
- Standard REVIT Element Instances
- Curve Instance
- REVIT Parameters which can be added to a element
- Set Analytical Curve Elements
- Structural Restraints and Member End Releases
- Create View, REVIT Sheets and View ports